The New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health is a coalition of over 200 local unions and 350 individual safety and health activists in the New York metropolitan area. NYCOSH uses training, education, advocacy, and organizing to improve health and safety conditions in our workplaces and our communities. NYCOSH work is funded by a combination of membership dues, events, and government and foundation grants.
• Reporting for state, federal, and foundation grants.
• Research, write, and edit grant proposals and related correspondence, in coordination with the Executive Director and Finance Director.
• Develop and execute annual and multi-year fundraising plans in coordination with the Executive Director and Finance Director.
• Donor cultivation, communication, and corresponding database management; including member development and cultivation.
• Create development-related materials (donor ask and appeal letters, annual report, etc.)
• Coordinate the fundraising aspects and overall planning of special events, such as the annual awards ceremony in collaboration with the Executive Director and Finance Director.
• Database development and maintenance with developer
• Coordinate office procedures and computer systems supervised by the Finance Director
• Develop materials for membership outreach at events and trainings.
• Maintain detailed membership and development tracking through database.
• Commitment to the mission of NYCOSH and knowledge of the labor/progressive movement preferred.
• Minimum 5 years development experience required.
• Proven history of success in fundraising and meeting fundraising goals.
• Grant writing experience for both government and foundation grants; knowledge of federal, state, and city online reporting.
• Ability to manage complex system of funding sources, content and ability to perform research and organize information.
• Database knowledge and development experience
How to Apply:
Send detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, August 10, 2018
Employees will receive health and dental benefits with both individual and family plans available; paid vacation time, holidays and sick days; life insurance; and a pension plan.
NYCOSH is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is a union shop, with its staff represented by USW Local 4-406.