Job Announcement: Associate Director
The New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health is seeking an Associate Director to direct safety and health education, training, research, and advocacy work in the Metropolitan New York area. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently and have a background in occupational safety and health and labor.
The New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health is a coalition of over 200 local unions and 350 individual safety and health activists in the New York metropolitan area. NYCOSH uses training, education, advocacy, and organizing to improve health and safety conditions in our workplaces and our communities. The job will based in New York City, with regular travel to Long Island and Albany; and national travel required.
- Experience working with unions, workers, and/or community organizations
- Managerial and supervisory experience
- Occupational safety and health background and knowledge
- Grant-writing and administration experience
- Experience working with budgets
- Organizational and program development skills
- Excellent writing and communication ability
- Five years experience in a supervisory position within a labor/social justice organization
- Five years experience working within the labor movement
- Successful demonstration of program/campaign work
- Demonstrated ability to develop curricula and educational materials
- Experience working in the New York Metropolitan area
- Availability for evening, weekend work
- Written and verbal Spanish language capacity
- Direct NYCOSH development, campaigns, and oversee programmatic activity
- Supervise, and evaluate staff
- Oversee organizational meetings and staff development
- Assign work regarding occupational safety and health training to appropriate staff
- Build NYCOSH’s organizational base and relationships
- Develop resources and new programming for the organization
- Grant writing and administration
Employees will receive a generous salary and a full benefits package.
Please email resumes and detailed cover letters to email@example.com by Friday, April 22nd, 2016. Impersonal cover letters will not be considered.
Posted: March 14, 2016