Paid Internship Opportunity
Data Analyst Intern
The New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (NYCOSH) is seeking a paid, part time intern to aid in compiling, cleaning and analyzing responses from a needs assessment survey. This survey seeks to assess worker stress and mental health during the COVID-19 crisis. The assessment is a collective effort led by NYCOSH, in partnership with the NYS AFL-CIO, Retail, Wholesale, Department, Store Union (RWDSU), Local 338 RWDSU/UFCW, AFSCME District Council 37, New York State Nurses Association (NYSNA), Workforce Development Institute, Long Island Federation of Labor, New York City Central Labor Council, Westchester/Putnam Central Labor Body, the Hudson Valley Area Labor Federation, Hofstra University, Hunter College, and Mount Sinai. Survey data is collected through Surveymonkey.
- Use statistical methods to compile, validate, and analyze quantitative data in Excel
- Develop tables and charts to visually describe data; generate reports for stakeholders
- Identify trends in worker stress and mental health, including: how coping tools, partnerships, and supports are producing outcomes, common areas of need not currently being met, and disparities of services based on geography or other factors
- Use trends to make recommendations on: educational content that should be created, policy positions to be adopted, and services that need to be developed, expanded, or further promoted to reduce worker stress and improve mental health
- Maintain confidentiality of survey responses and all related data
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, or degree in progress in Labor Studies, Public Health, Public Policy, or Social Work, OR similar competencies
- 2+ years of experience in a data management/analysis role
- Proficient in conducting statistical analyses using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
This paid internship will be a remote position, for up to 15 hours per week, beginning on September 15, 2020 and concluding on November 30th, 2020.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8, 2020.